Welcome to my Studio...

Take a look around... see what madness I've created.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Painting 6: "Oregon-grape"

Today when deciding what to paint, I went out in my yard looking for something that was alive despite the winter weather. The Oregon-grape is doing just fine, and I was amazed by it's red, green and brown coloration.

Size of Painting: 4"x 6"
Medium: Oil on Masonite
Approach: alla prima (wet on wet in one sitting), no drawing, no underpainting, direct observation (no photos), self-imposed time limit.

Here is an extreme close-up of my brush strokes and palette knife work on this painting.

I hold the little painting here above my palette.

This blog is for YOU. Post your reactions to my work. E-mail questions. Follow this blog so you can see what I'm up to in my studio here in Bend, Oregon.
Paint On!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my word...I'm in awe.

    Thank you for sharing these amazing works here.

    Absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..it looks like real leaves resting on a post card...your detail is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete