Welcome to my Studio...

Take a look around... see what madness I've created.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Angry Owl - large steel sculpture from auto parts

 My friend Steve and I collaborated once more on a metal sculpture made of trash; this time named "Angry Owl". Owl is constructed of steel parts from automobiles. Over the last year or so I have been collecting metal working and welding tools; with these, nothing held us back. We cut, welded, bent and ground Owl to life.
We collected all our own metal parts, but we constructed Owl at Pakit in Bend, Oregon. We were part of Pakit's last Earth Day "Trashformation" celebration. He's got Angry Orchard bottle cap pupils, gears for irises, exhaust tips and transmission slip rings for sockets. His body is a large muffler. We cut up and ground feather designs in a car hood for the wings and tail.
 Owl is currently parked at the Bend Environmental Center next to his buddy "Sinister Fish". Both sculptures are developing beautiful patina and rust patterns. Both sculptures can rotate independent of their base, so they are in a slightly different position every time I visit.


The Bend Environmental Center is on Kansas Avenue. Both works are right in front near the road.
Both Owl & Fish are looking for a permanent home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! How extraordinary! This just fills my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete