Welcome to my Studio...

Take a look around... see what madness I've created.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Juniper Faery Pendant - pyrography

 
This faery character is burned into a round of Juniper that I cut and dried. I sketched her face and then burned her in. Juniper smells a lot like Cedar as it burns. I pierced a hole for a cord, and finished the back with a solid dark flat pattern.

 I penetrated deep into the wood in areas to create a nice relief effect around her face and in her hair. My burner can get so hot, it nearly vaporizes the wood creating a hard shell-like finish. She is as nice to feel as she is to look at.


For more of my Fairy Artwork go to http://www.turrellart.com

This Pendant is availble FOR SALE

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness....this is exquisite. I love your work. This fairy pendant fills my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete