Welcome to my Studio...

Take a look around... see what madness I've created.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

"Eye of the Sea" PENDANT - Elk Antler Tip Pyrography

 FOR SALE
This is a pendant I made using a tip from a large elk antler. The marred and scratched surface from the animal fighting and rubbing against trees is very evident in this piece. These antlers are shed naturally every year, and are picked up by hikers and campers around Central Oregon. I cut, drilled and naturally tinted this piece of antler before burning in the completely original design. It depicts a realistic human eye on a creature from the sea, with eight legs, wearing a crown. I shaded the image with a pointillism technique using my burner.  It is signed and dated, and comes with an adjustable cord, so it can be worn around the neck, from the car mirror, or on the wall as artwork. 






1 comment:

  1. Hey, I totally stocked you to see if you had a Facebook page or art work online. :) guess I found it. I met you today, and was very interested in what you had to say about bringing the arts back into school. Thanks k you for sharing your heart and for lighting a fire about it in me!!

    ReplyDelete